*WHY our ORTHODOX BYZANTINE ICON Reproductions
Have an ESPECIALLY DISTINCT and UNIQUE VALUE
- We have the widest overall collection of icons – over 2,500 different icons up now on our web site, over 2,100 more in process, and with likely 2,400 more to come, for a grand total in time of more than 7,000 different icons.
- We have the widest selection of historic icons – in our overall collection listed just above, less than 500 icons are just contemporary icons from the last 100 years.
- We have the widest selection of the greatest iconographers in history – (11) including St. Luke the Evangelist, St. Alypy of the Kiev Caves, Manuel Panselinos, Theophanes the Greek, Dionisiy, St. Andrei Rublev, Theophanes the Cretan, Andreas Ritzos, Michael Damaskinos, Emmanuel Tzanes, and Simon Ushakov.
- We have the widest great icon collections from famous churches and monasteries – (16) from Mount Athos: Dionysiou, Great Lavra, Hilandar, Iveron, Kouloumousiou, Pantocrator, Stavro-Nikita, and Vatopedi Monasteries and from the Protaton Church; from Decani Monastery in Serbia, from St. Catherine’s Monastery at the base of Mount Sinai, from Hagia Sophia in Constantiople, from St. Mark’s Cathedral in Venice, from Sophia Cathedral in Kiev, from San Vitale in Ravenna, and from Dormition Cathedral in Moscow.
- We have the most Matched Sets by the same historic iconographers – (6) including Manuel Panselinos, Theophanes the Cretan, St. Andrei Rublev, Michael Damaskinos, Emmanuel Tzanes, and Euphrosynos the Cretan.
- We have the best selection of early icons – a total of more than 800 icons originally made at least over 500 years ago.
- We have the best quality of icon reproductions available – with the most stable warp resistant plywood, a fine birch veneer back face, the highest quality low luster 5 mil laminate film, two coats of traditional red paint on the sides, and a well cut keyhole on the back.
- We have a unique icon description for each of our 820 catalogue icons, one shipped with each icon at no charge – (820) these include six descriptors when available: Style, Location, Iconographer, Heritage, School, and Date; a brief explanation of each icon depicted with its picture opposite, and a brief general Meaning of Icons on the back.
- We have deep inventory levels of each catalogue icon – over 20,000 mounted icons are in inventory so most catalogue icons can ship quickly. Custom icons and laminated prints are made one at a time so they take longer.
- We have the most standard sizes available for our catalogue icons – 10 standard sizes from our Extra Small size of 3 inches x 4 inches, to our Quad size of 2 feet by 3 feet.
- We have the most custom sizes available for our catalogue and custom icons – from our smallest Extra Small size of 3 inches x 4 inches, to icons up to 8 feet tall, depending on the largest size of enlargement that can be produced while still maintaining complete image integrity.
- We have the largest distinct and different icon heritages represented – (17) including Armenian, Bulgarian, Byzantine, Coptic, Cretan, Ethiopian, Georgian, Gothic, Greek, Italo-Cretan, Macedonian, Romanesque, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Syrian, and Ukrainian.
- We have the largest distinct and different icon schools represented – (22) including Aleppo, Armory, Bansko, Constantinople, Dionisij, Fabrege, Kiev, Macedonian, Moscow, Novgorod, Palaeologan, Palekh, Pskov, Rublev, Samakov, Stroganov, Suzdal, Tver, Tyrana, Venetian, Vologda, and Yaroslavl.
- We have the most varied countries that our icons are from or presently in – (31) including Belarus, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Greece, Georgia, Macedonia, Montenegro, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Turkey, and Ukraine; and also Armenia, Austria, Egypt, England, Ethiopia, France, Germany, Holland, Hungary, Israel, Italy, Lebanon, the Netherlands, Poland, Scotland, Switzerland, Syria, the U.S., and Uzbekistan.
- We have the most varied materials originally used in icon creation – (15) including ceramic tile, egg-tempera, embroidery, enamel, encaustic (wax with pigment), fresco, glass beads, glass reverse painting, illuminated manuscript, marble, mosaic, parchment and silk paintings, stone, sea shells, and wool.
- We have over 28 years of excellent customer service to a very wide distribution of icons – sent to individuals, churches, monasteries, museums, retreat centers, schools, church bookstores, retail stores, web stores, and distributors.
Come and experience our unique and distinct value today!